Tuesday, July 2, 2013

4th of July Burlap Banner

This was my first burlap banner so I am super excited to share this with you and how I did it!! Bare with me...as I said this is my first time! =)


Before  I start I want to share this cute picture my cousin-in-law made over at mineforthemaking.com:




 I placed it in a shadow box on my counter and LOVE it! Stop by her blog to check it out!! She has great ideas and is super talented!!


What you will need:

Burlap
String
Paint
Cookie Cutter
Hot Glue Gun
Ribbon





 Cut burlap to whatever size you see fit works best for your project! I cut them into squares! I made 5 squares to fit my living room mirror!
 Place the string you chose to use to hang your burlap banner on the burlap..
 Glue the material over the burlap and hold in place for 5-10 seconds.


 I then measured the ribbon to match the top of each square and cut to size.
 Hot glue the ribbon on each square...

 I didn't have a sponge so I used a cookie cutter to make my stars..
 Pick your paint colors..
 Hold the cookie cutter in place and use a sponge brush. Paint the inside of the cookie cutter...



 Wa-La! Cute right?
 Finished product!





 Happy 4th of July everyone! God Bless America!!

It is as Simple as 1-2-3!!

No comments: