Monday, July 25, 2011

Zucchini Fritters


It is that time of year!! Summer time!! I am waiting to use some of my vegetables from both my gardens but until then….I took some from my mom and dads garden =) Zucchini being one of them!!
iphone 510iphone 514vegivegi1


ZUCCHINI Fritters
3 eggs
2 zucchinis, grated
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
zucchini fritters12
zucchini fritters3
Add Flour- Health Tip use whole wheat flour over regular flour
zucchini fritters11
Add Eggs- Health Tip: Use egg whites over a whole egg
zucchini fritters1
Add more flour or a little milk to make pancake consistency
Stir the eggs into the grated zucchini, then mix in the flour until all the lumps are gone.
zucchini fritters2
I added corn to my fritters! So I got corn on the cob from the store and cooked them! I then took what we didn’t eat and took the corn off the cob. –Tip: Great for leftovers…take the corn off the cob and freeze in a freezer bag until you are ready to use!
Tip: Easy way to take corn off the cob…get a big bowl and then place a smaller bowl on the inside up side down. Place the corn on top of the small bowl and start! Corn goes straight into the bowl rather then all over your counter tops!
zucchini fritters4
zucchini fritters5
Add corn to batter and mix together!
zucchini fritters10
Fry the batter like pancakes with a bit of butter to keep it from sticking. Until brown on either side!
zucchini fritters
zucchini fritters6            zucchini fritters7
zucchini fritters9

Delicious topped with grated cheese.
zucchini fritters8
Enjoy!

simple as 1 2 3

1 comment:

Bryan and Katie said...

yay! you're back! i missed your yummy recipes!