Sunday, August 21, 2011

Breakfast Burritos–Freezer Meals

granola 077
I am constantly looking to make food on the weekends so we have food for the week! I am obsessed with making freezer meals,whether it is appetizers, dinners or desserts it makes my life a lot easier!! I have been making many dinners but breakfast sometimes stumps me! Well I saw this awesome idea on pinterest and just had to try it… BREAKFAST BURRITOS! YUM! My husband LOVES them and they are so easy to have in the morning when running late or on the weekends when you want something good to eat with no cleanup!
Ingredients:
  • 1lb Bacon
  • 10 Eggs
  • 1lb Cheese
  • 5 Potatoes chopped into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • soft taco tortillas

You can also use: Sausage,  ham etc.
Potatoes:
Preheat oven 450F
Cut and chop potatoes
Place into zip lock bag and pour oil, salt and pepper to taste on them. Tip: I didn't use as much oil as the recipe calls for I did it by eye to cut back on the fat~Mix together and place on a cookie sheet TIP: Place foil on cookie sheet spray with non-stick spray for easy clean up! Cook for 30 minutes until golden

granola 047granola 048granola 049granola 050

Eggs:
I used 10 eggs and the milk- I scrambled  them and cooked them in a non-stick frying pan. Place a side after you are done!

granola 051granola 052granola 055granola 057granola 058

Bacon:
Cook the bacon- I place it on a paper towel and place another paper towel on top of it and cook it in the microwave for 6 minutes per 6 slices. Again this is just easy clean up and cuts back on the grease! Cut bacon up into little pieces after cooked!
granola 054
After you are done place potatoes and bacon on a dish and put aside!
granola 062
Tortillas:
Place 5 tortillas on a glass dish with a damp paper towel on top. Put in the microwave for 30seconds. This makes it easier for you to wrap the burritos!
granola 063granola 064
Place ingredients in the middle of the burrito and fold!
granola 065
granola 075
granola 066granola 067granola 068
Make sure the burritos are tight!! Then place burritos on a baking sheet seam facing down!
granola 070
granola 076
granola 077

Now lets freeze them:
After placing the burritos on a baking sheet place in the freezer for an hour to flash freeze them! Once the hour is up take them out and wrap them individually with plastic wrap. Place in a Ziploc bag. I ended up with 10 burritos (1 egg per burrito). I JUST had to eat one thou so I froze 9 =)
burri1
burriots
To heat the burritos:
Remove plastic wrap- wrap burritos in a wet paper towel- heat for 3 minutes in the microwave – serve with fresh salsa or whatever you’d like! YUM!

SO GOOD!!
granola 073granola 074

Enjoy!!

simple as 1 2 3

No comments: