Monday, February 2, 2015

Red Velvet, White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe


 Are you ready to celebrate Valentines Day? It is one of my FAVORITE holidays! Single or married I have always LOVED this holiday! When I was single I honored how strong I was as an independent woman, I knew who I was as a person, which I think many people forget to do. Being married I enjoy spoiling my husband more than receiving anything from him. I love to show him how much I love and appreciate him! One way is to his stomach! Introducing these yummy cookies! I tweaked the recipe from Life in the Longhouse! They came out SO GOOD!

Let me know what you think!


INGREDIENTS


  1. 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  2. 2 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
  3. 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  4. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  5. 7 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
  6. 6 Tablespoons vegetable shortening, at room temperature
  7. 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  8. 1 large egg
  9. 1 large egg yolk
  10. 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  11. 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  12. 1 Tablespoon red food coloring
  13. 1 cups white chocolate chips, divided


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Place aside!
  2. Add butter, shortening and sugar to the bowl of an electric stand mixer and mix on medium speed until very fluffy, about 3 or so minutes. Add egg, egg yolk and mix until combined. Then add vinegar, vanilla and food coloring. Mix until well blended.
  3. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Scoop dough out by the heaping Tablespoonful, and roll into balls. Place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press about 4-5 more white chocolate chips into the top of each ball. Being careful not to flatten the balls. This will make the chips stay on top rather then sink inside the cookie!
  4. Bake cookies for 6-7 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.


You can eat these yummy cookies right away or you can freeze them for up to three months!

Enjoy!
It is as Simple As 1-2-3!


                                          

No comments: