Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hair Clips [Tutorial]


My sister over at Faith Works got me on this kick to make bows! My cousin-in-law over at Mine For the Making did a great tutorial on this as well! So thank you ladies for your inspiration!
So this is my first time doing these so don’t judge =)

hair bows 063
What you will need:
  • Clips
  • Ribbon
  • Glue
  • Buttons

Step 1:
Choose your clip. As my sister taught me there is a range of clips you can choose from! For my first two clips I picked “Snap Clips” which you can find in Michaels.
hair bows 026
hair bows 027hair bows 028hair bows 029

Step 2:
Choose your ribbon:

hair bows 030hair bows 032
Step 3:
Measure the ribbon against the clip. Cut ribbon to size, glue to clip and cut edges.
hair bows 033hair bows 034
Step 4:
Take two pieces of ribbon cut. Make one a little bit shorter then the other. Glue the ends together like a hoop. Do this for each piece of ribbon.
hair bows 039hair bows 040hair bows 041
Step 5:
Glue the inside of the ribbon down.
hair bows 042hair bows 043hair bows 044
Step 6:
Take a little piece of ribbon and wrap it around both looped pieces of ribbon.

hair bows 045hair bows 047hair bows 048hair bows 049hair bows 050
Step 7:
Glue on to the clip. I added a button in the middle.
hair bows 053hair bows 054hair bows 055hair bows 056hair bows 057hair bows 058hair bows 059

Finished Product:

I did one for Valentines Day and one for St. Patrick's day.
hair bows 061hair bows 062hair bows 063
For my first time I think they came out pretty cute!!

Enjoy!!
simple as 1 2 3

If you haven’t already please stop by and check out my facebook page and etsy shop!


Check out my Linky Parties!

2 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Thanks for linking back! :) Your bows turned out cute! I love the alligator clips and you can order them in bulk online and save a BUNCH of money.

Melissa said...

Thank you!! Where can I get them in bulk?? I am terrible at finding sites for stuff in bulk!! Thank you again for the tutorial!!