Here is a FABULOUS recipe called “Holiday Oatmeal Cookies”!
I made these for Thanksgiving and everyone loved them!!
Prep: 40 MINUTES plus cooking
Cook: 13 MINUTES per batch
Makes: about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all Purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisons
- 1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips (optional) (1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. On waxed paper combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar's until creamy occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl. With spoon, stir in oats, raisons and chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough by heaping measuring tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes or until tops are golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
TIP: instead of using a tablespoon use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough it make them into perfect balls!
Thanks Kara for featuring me this week!!!