Thursday, July 11, 2013

Homemade Pesto Recipe

Homemade pesto is one of my favorite recipes to have during the summer! I LOVE fresh herbs and easy recipes!!


Ingredients:

2 Cups of basil (I used basil and parsley)
1 Cup grated cheese
1 Cup olive oil
3 TBS of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Pine nuts ( I didn't have any so I used walnuts!)


So as you can see I substituted some items...you can make it anyway you want which is the best part about making this! You can use ANY kind of nut, and mix your herbs!


Get your herbs:



Blend them:



Add olive oil:




Add cheese:




Add garlic and nuts:







Mix!



Boil pasta and drain:

Tip: place a Tbs of olive oil in the water with 2 Tbs of salt  ( before water boils) this will help the pasta from sticking to itself.




Place pasta in a bowl and place pesto on top. Mix~





Wa-LA!

Enjoy!!









It is as simple as 1-2-3!!

Enjoy!
























No comments: