Friday, September 17, 2010

Buon Appetito!

My husband works for the NYPD so he is never home for dinner! I get to make him a meal twice a week! It stinks but this gives me a lot of time to  really practice making meals during the week to give to him lol! Tonight I made pasta sounds easy I know…BUT IT IS easy and yummy!
These are the ingredients you will need:
-I used two tomatoes from my garden
-Oil
-Pepper & salt ( to taste)
-Fresh basil from my garden
-4 Cloves of fresh garlic---I LOVE garlic!
FOOD 028 FOOD 031
1st the water…I think we all have a tendency to warm the water last…at least I do! This time I started the water and then prepped the rest. I turned the water on high when I knew I was ready to put the pasta in. It was great because I didn’t have to wait for the water to heat up!
FOOD 027
Then I cut the basil and placed it in the pot
 Tip: roll the basil together then cut it horizontally…easier, faster and it comes out in small strips my cousin JP taught me this. He learned it from my his mom AKA: My Aunt Ginny!
FOOD 035
Then I put oil, garlic, salt and pepper in the pot. I “eye” balled it- as my mom would say-  to see how much oil I wanted in the pot. Sauté these ingredients on low to medium heat. Stir every so often!

FOOD 037 FOOD 040
When garlic is browned- add your tomatoes:

FOOD 041 FOOD 042
Stir and place on medium to high heat!
While this is cooking you can then put your pasta in:
FOOD 044
After the pasta is done pour it into a strainer and take your “sauce”, for lack of a better word, off the burner. Place the pasta back in the pot and pour your sauce on top. Stir together then place in a plate!
FOOD 051  FOOD 049 FOOD 050

YUMO! Enjoy!

XO
simple as 1 2 3

1 comment:

LisaMarie said...

Yummmm i love anything with garlic!! this looks tasty and easy!!
http://thislittleshabbychicvegangirl.blogspot.com/