Sunday, May 19, 2013

7 Days of Organizational Tips (Day 5)



Day 5: Tip: DE-STRESS with less car stress

Driving can be stressful to begin with. I used to have a commute of almost an hour and a half to work everyday. Dealing with traffic along with road rage is just purely stressful! Adding clutter and disorganization in your car can increase this stress. Who wants to drive in a messy car?? I promise you...by cleaning out your car and organizing it you will not only feel better but be less stressed.

Car= ZONE!

So lets take a looksie at my car:

As you can tell I am a coffee-holic with my Dunkin Donuts cup and Starbucks cup. Gum, sticky notes and glasses are right in front with my purse and water jug on the passenger seat.




 

Backseat:

Clothes from when I change at the gym. Bags of items I bought from the store....


My work bag, a box of tissues, a plastic bowl from a work party. Problem is this..my car doesn't always look like this but day after day after day the pile up of items can really add up. And if you don't stay on top of it..if you don't take that bowl out or remove those shopping bags it will just continue to pile up!






And the list goes on!

So this is what you need to do! Clean everything out and ORGANIZE!

Console:

I sprayed down the inside so it still was a little damp!
 I organized two containers one with my electronic cords and one with my personal items: gum, aspirin, cream etc.

 I cleaned out the entire backseat!
 In the back of the passenger seat I just have my umbrella and my one jar of lysol wipes! (yes I have a jar of them in my car haha)





My front seat is now all cleaned and everything was put away and wiped down!



I even organized my trunk.

My gym bag, yoga mat and grocery hot/cold bag. THATS IT!





Homework: 

1. Clean out your car.
2. Dispose of items you DON'T need or use in your car.
3. Put functional items in your console.


It is as simple as 1-2-3!


No comments: