Sunday, May 12, 2013

Transfer a Photo to Wood!

For mother's day I was trying to think of something special to do for my mother-in-law and what is more special then a picture of your children?? All of her kids are all grown and married (well almost married..my sister-in-law just recently got engaged wahoo!)

What you will need:

-Piece of wood
-Paint or stain
-Picture printed on regular computer paper
-Medium Gel
-Paint
-Lacquer


I painted the piece of wood with white paint. You can also use stain if you want a darker look.





After the paint has dried place a layer of the medium gel on the piece of wood.



Place the picture down on the wood and smooth out. Let it dry overnight! 



24 hours later... take a damp rag and start to gently rub the picture off the wood. Bye, bye photo and hello transferred image!

 Once you are done you can either leave it the way it is or add to it! I wanted to add a rustic look to the piece of wood so I put brown paint on a piece of paper towel and dragged it across the piece of wood.







I then took white paint and did the same thing so it wasn't SOOO brown!








I put my other sister-in-law's wedding date on the bottom of it and sprayed it with lacquer!



Wa-La!

Happy mother's day to my mother-in-law!


It is as simple as 1-2-3!





No comments: